How to Apply for PAW Funding
If your student organization would like to sponsor a PAW Event, you may be eligible to receive funding. If you are interested, please review the following guidelines and submit a Student Organization PAW Event Application (PDF) to the Office of Student Activities and Leadership.
We are currently accepting applications for the Fall 2013 semester.
- To support and encourage PAW programming by student organizations.
- To provide funding for student organization events that are chosen as PAW programs.
- To provide marketing support for student organization events through the Division marketing efforts, which include PAW flyers, posters, banners, ads, etc.
- Event must be scheduled on a Friday night or anytime on a Saturday during the Fall 2013 semester. If your event is a lecture, it may take place on a Thursday.
- Event must be open to all ODU students.
- Event must take place on ODU's campus.
- Event must be free, unless admission charge is returned to the general PAW funds - no PAW events can be used as organization fundraisers.
- Space should already be confirmed for the submitted event(s).
- Student organization must be on-site for the entire event.
- An organization/event representative must be able to meet with the Coordinator for Activities in the Office of Student Activities and Leadership a minimum of three times: approximately 6 weeks before the event, 1 week before the event, and within 2 weeks after the event for evaluation.
- Download the Student Organization PAW Event Application above. Additional applications are available in the Office of Student Activities and Leadership (Webb 1071).
- Submit the application to the Office of Student Activities and Leadership - Attn: Meghan Harr Applications are due by Wednesday, May 1, 2013.
- All applicants should receive a decision, through e-mail, by July 1, 2013.