Webb Information Desk
Webb Center Posting Policies
Bulletin boards and large panels are provided for the posting of signs, papers, posters, advertisements, etc. and are subject to the following regulations:
*All individuals and organizations posting notices are expected to design and display their materials in a manner respectful of the diverse beliefs, opinions and attitudes that exist in an institution of higher learning. Posted items must be educational or informative in nature. Items advocating any infraction of the law, ordinance or official university regulation may not be displayed and are subject to removal by the Vice President for Student Engagment and Enrollment Services or his or her designee.
- All postings in Webb Center must be approved at the Webb Information Desk.
- All postings (including postings for student organizations and departments) must have a contact name and phone number/email.
- There will be only one "For Sale" flyer authorized and it is allowed on the For Sale board only. "For Rent" flyers may be posted on the same board; however, you may also post "For Rent" flyers on the other boards.
- Organizations are limited to 4 flyers about events, job opportunities, and other information on the Webb Center bulletin boards. The maximum approval time is 14 days, or the day after the event, whichever comes first. Flyers for the bulletin boards should not exceed 11" x 17".
- Signs may not exceed 6 feet in length and 3 feet in width for events. For non-events, signs may not exceed 3 feet in length and 3 feet in width. No organization may post more than two signs for each event in the Webb Cafeterias, one sign across from Subway, and one sign near the WODU studio. Organizations are limited to 24 ft. of paper regardless of where signs are posted. Non-event announcements must be from an organization, not an individual.
- Personal announcements (such as birthdays, congratulations, and other personal announcements) may be hung up for one day. All other panels in the North Cafeteria are restricted to student organizations for up to two weeks.
- Organizations may post professional made signs on the catwalk in the South Mall. Six banners per side allowed. Banners are not to exceed 6 feet in length. Banners may be hung for no longer than two weeks. The organization/department is responsible for hanging and removing banners and a Webb Center Space Reservation Form must be filled out and submitted to Event Management prior to the banner being hung.
- Advertisements can make no reference to alcohol beverages or their availability. Beverage prices cannot be included nor can the term "Happy Hour" be utilized. In compliance with the university alcohol guidelines, publicity for the event must list identification (e.g. driver's license, ODU ID, etc.) required to attend the function.
- Table tents for individual events may be placed on cafeteria tables for 1 day. The department/organization must remove them by the end of the day. A Webb Center Space Reservation Form must be filled out and submitted to Event Management (in OSAL) prior to the table tents being placed.