[an error occured while processing this directive]
The Office of Student Activities and Leadership provides a variety of leadership opportunities for students. These include programs, retreats, services and publications to assist students and organizations in the exploration and refinement of their leadership abilities and preparation to become active citizens in the community.
Participation in these programs offers students involvement in campus activities and empowers them to be successful in the roles they assume during and after college. Some of the leadership services offered include:
- Leadership Lab
- Presidents' Roundtable
- Student Leader Award Programs
- Summer Student Leader Retreat
- Freshman Summer Institute (FSI)
- LeaderShape Institute Scholarships
- Omicron Delta Kappa - Leadership Honor Society
- Leadership Lecture Series
- Fasts Facts for Leaders
- Leadership Library
One of the best ways to keep connected as a student leader at ODU is to join the Leaders' Listserv. This listserv will provide you with the most current information about upcoming events, programs, and happenings on campus. Click here to join the listserv.
Individual users can set their preferences to turn on the digest option. This option will send one email per week with all of the discussion for that week combined into that one email. There are a number of other preferences that can be set so that duplicate emails are not received, etc. Students can also unsubscribe by taking the following steps:
-- Send an email note to: firstname.lastname@example.org
-- In the subject line put the word help. Leave the body of the email blank.
-- A few seconds after sending that email, you'll get an email with instructions for setting preferences. There will also be a link in that email that you can click to go to a website to set your preferences. Use that link.
-- There's also a button on the preferences logon page if you don't know your password. Click that button and you'll get an email with your password.
The Office of Student Activities & Leadership supports the academic mission of the university by providing quality leadership education experiences for students, and assistance and support for student organizations through a wide variety of programs, services, and resources. The Office of Student Activities & Leadership has established the following goals:
- to provide a comprehensive leadership program that addresses the needs of a diverse student population made up of emerging leaders and experienced leaders;
- to encourage and assist students to become aware of and to develop their leadership potential, leadership style, leadership ability and leadership philosophy;
- to provide an opportunity for growth and development;
- to encourage the development of citizenship, social responsibility, values, and ethics;
- to prepare students for leadership roles, staff positions, and paraprofessional roles on campus and in the community;
- to provide support and resources to student organizations, student leaders, advisers, and the ODU community including available resources, outreach and consultation services;
- to provide students with opportunities which will allow them to develop skills and experiences which can assist in making transition in their lives;
- to provide training and development resources for the ODU staff responsible for supervising and training student staff.