Schedule of events
(Please note events marked with * are mandatory for site leaders)
August 22, 2012
8am to 5pm: Participants arrive to campus and move into fall housing assignment
6pm to 8pm: Welcome Celebration
August 23, 2012
10am: Registration Opens
*11am to noon: Kick-Off Brunch
*1pm to 4pm: Service at Sites
Site Leader Requirements
Site Leaders will be required to do the following:
· Work with the Center for Service & Civic Engagement to contact a local nonprofit to set up a service project for a small group of students on the afternoon of August 23rd. (The Center will help as little or as much as needed depending on the site leader's comfort level).
· Attend the brunch/launch event on August 23rd, completing the service project with their group and facilitating reflection/evaluation.
· The Center for Service &Civic Engagement will provide training, support and materials to all site leaders. As well as arrange all volunteer recruitment, event logistics and transportation.
Additionally Site Leaders can assist with the following if they are interested: (If you are interested in assisting with any of these tasks, just let the Center know)
· Checking participants into their fall housing assignment
· Helping participants move into their fall housing assignment
· Helping with or just attending the Welcome Celebration on August 22nd.
· Assisting with registration on August 22nd.